Monday, June 10, 2013

Tones on Tuesday #81 6.11.13

Flowers, flowers and more flowers! So many beautiful photographs and talented photographers, here are 3 I am showcasing this week:

Msdewberry at Dew Drops
The tones in this photo are lovely! I love how the brightness shines through the flowers as though they are shining. Thank you for sharing Msdewberry!

NatureFootstep
Amazing light in this photo! The vibrant colors are stunning as well. Thank you for linking up!

Soft, ethereal, dream-like! This photo just makes me what to go there and sit among the flowers. Thank you for sharing Rebecca!

Msdewberry, NatureFootstep and Rebecca please go HERE to grab your showcase button.

Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here are the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:
  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • One photo per photographer please. If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one is for Tones on Tuesday. If you link up more than once only the first photo will be considered for showcasing.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button or a link back here to your post.
  • Leave comments for at least 3 other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!
Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

This year I have been working on a Reverse 365 Project where I edit a photo a day taken in 2012. I love looking back on photos I took, but never had the chance to edit and share. I get ideas for new photos, learn more about editing and stretch my creativity. It also reminds me of amazing places and experiences. I have been editing a lot of sunset photos from last year and realized how long it has been since I have experienced and captured a sunset. Sunsets truly are food for my soul and leave me feeling peaceful, content and renewed. This weekend I rewarded myself for finishing report cards with a evening of shooting a sunset at Brown's Point between Des Moines and Tacoma, Washington. It was amazing watching the sun hit the water and descend below the clouds. My favorite natural event!

Settings: ISO 250, 50mm, ss1/2500, f/11
“One grateful thought is a ray of sunshine.  A hundred such thoughts paint a sunrise.  A thousand will rival the glaring sky at noonday - for gratitude is light against the darkness.” - Richelle E. Goodrich


Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots and join the Tones on Tuesday link up found further down!
P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley  Inspired Tuesday 

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous halo in your pictures! Love it!
    as well as all the great showcased images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful pics! thanx for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's like heaven peeking through the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sunset! Love how you captured the magnificence of the light and sky...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such gorgeous flowers! I love rays breaking through the clouds over water!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect timing on this Emily! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for hosting my photo!
    I miss seeing the ocean after being away from it now for half a year. I loved to watch the sunset over the water back home. I love the blue tones and the rays of sun here. Its very serene and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a dramatic image - so much happening with the light and the reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful sky shot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a stunning sky shot! I love the rays showing through the clouds and the composition of the entire image. Magnificent!
    Visiting from Tuesday Muse.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You made some great choices. Love the light in the first.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures. I really love to follow tones on a tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. sorry I did miss this one. And thanks for showcasing mine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.