Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tones on Tuesday #30 4.17.12

Welcome back and thank you for coming and joining in despite a brief hiatus last week to find my photography inspiration once again. Many beautiful entries from two weeks ago, but here are 3 that caught my eye...

Mock-Turtle from Jack's Paper Moon
Love the expression and the eyes, adorable! The colors are bright and fabulous as well. Thank you for sharing with us Mock-Turtle! The other photos of Jack and of the dog are super cute too :o).

The concept of this shot is so strong! The long exposure of the light and the black and white background gives such a sense of motion. Thank you for linking up Rebecca!

The drama of the black and white is amazing and I love how it takes an ordinary object to a different level. Beautiful bokeh in the background as well. Thank you for sharing Nessa!

Mock-Turtle, Rebecca, Nessa please go HERE to grab your showcase button.

Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here are the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:
  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • One photo per photographer please. If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one if for Tones on Tuesday.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button or a link back here to your post
  • Leave comments for at least 3 other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!
Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

I took a little break from blogging as I was getting in a rut and feeling uninspired. The break helped and then I went to one of my favorite parks in Lincoln City on Siletz Bay to photograph my favorite subject - sunsets and silhouettes. It was a perfect experience and it reminded me that capturing the magic of nature is why I love photography. For the first edit I did a clean edit in Lightroom with the basic settings and the tone curve and then applied Pretty Presets Sharpening. For the second edit I used the Who Is Wolf BW Deluxe Light Preset. I love the vibrancy of the first and the drama of the second, what do you think?

Settings: ISO 200, 18mm, ss1/50, f/11

"Travel is like a tonic to me. It's more than just getting away from the studio for a brief rest. I need it to recharge my batteries." -Norman Rockwell

Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots and join the Tones on Tuesday link up found further down!


 Sweet Shot Day  Live, Love, Travel     and then, she {snapped} 



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I don't know which I like better the colored or the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the silhouette master!! Glad you found your muse again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow that sunset is amazing! I love the colors you captured in the sky! Soo I think I like the color one better, but the b&w one is very cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! I love the light and color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the trees and water in black and white. Very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both beautiful and so different! Amazing what a bit of tweaking can do to an image and the mood that can then be created. The colors in the first one are stunning, but I like how the silhouette looks in the second one. :) Both a win in my books!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.