Friday, April 20, 2012

Favorite Photo of the Week: Sinking Below the Horizon


My favorite photo this week is from my weekend trip to what I affectionately call "almost Canada." It was taken from Birch Bay State Park, which was a new park for me. This was also a new attempt for me as I usually wait until the sun has disappeared and the colors are at their most vivid. This is also the best time for silhouettes, another passion of mine. This time I tried to play around with shots of the sun making its descent. My aim was to communicate the breathtaking feel of the light and the moment. I made many intentional decisions in my attempt to do this and I really like the outcome. I would love to hear your thoughts!

ISO 200, 240 mm, ss1/500, f/9.0 (sunlight wb)
Intent: The amazing color of the sunset and the light against the clouds
LR Processing: Clean edit to add pop to the color balance
Location: Birch Bay, WA
"Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun." - John Lennon

Happily Mother After the long road      project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com Weekly Top Shot

12 comments:

  1. I love sunset photos and yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. This is definitely gorgeous. I think you captured it perfectly! I love the warmth of the sun and the grayish blue tones left on the water. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! I love everything about it...the whole scene is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Gee, that Lennon had a way with words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! I love how the clouds are back lite with the sun and the reflection on the water!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! What a beautiful shot. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow .... incredible....breathtaking.
    Love greetings, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sunset, love the ring around the sun. Thanks for stopping by, Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.