Thursday, July 18, 2013

Project 52 - 29/52

I had a wonderful time visiting my dad in Astoria, Oregon earlier in the week. I feel blessed to get to spend the time with my family in such an amazing setting! On the first day we went to dinner at the Rogue Public House that sits on a pier on the Columbia, I highly reccommend it! Then I caught the sunset at one of my favorite places on Earth - the beach at Fort Stevens State Park. I was the only person on that portion of beach and I ran around as the sun set capturing different views. If anyone had been there I am sure they would have been amused at my crazy running around!

On the second day we had lunch at Mo's at Cannon Beach, another one of my favorite places to eat. Then my dad's step-granddaughter and I went for a walk on Cannon Beach near Ecola Creek. A storm was approaching, but I enjoyed the beach immensely even the wading across the creek that may or may  have resulted in a soaking shoe for my companion :o). 

Finally, on the morning of my departure I explored the beautiful flowers around my dad's house to get some macro shots. The prompt for the Nurture Photography Project (link below) is Green/Adventure. I think the whole trip qualifies as an adventure and the last photo has a bit of green! I am also being adventurous in my editing as I have been playing around with Luminosity Masks in Photoshop. They are amazing! I am going to play around some more and then do a tips and tricks post. 

I hope your week has been filled with adventure! I am off on a trip to Bend, Oregon for some more adventure.

Settings: ISO 100, 100mm, ss0.3sec, f/22 (on tripod)

Settings: ISO 100, 100mm, ss1/125, f/11

Settings: ISO 500m, 100mm, ss1/800, f/3.2
"We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." - Jawaharlal Nehru

  the long road  Weekly Top Shot    Ni Hao Yall Nurture Photography Challenge - Summer 2013 Edition

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing , i hope some day i can visit this magic place too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning photos! The top photo with the sunset is especially gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful shots! I'm headed to Oregon for vacation next week...and just cannot wait to get out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're headed to Prineville - where my husband grew up. We've been out almost every summer since we first met ... some (cough, cough) thirty years ago! Prineville is about 30 minutes east of Bend. I'm so looking forward to being there. We're going to spend two days in Grants Pass which will be a new place I haven't seen yet!

      Delete
  4. que lindo...acho fantástico esses efeitos apurados pelo uso correto da máquina. Um abraço!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed your trip, Emily. It's nice to get away for a little bit and clear one's mind. To go on an adventure.

    Neat pictures and I love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to Oregon and it looks so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a wonderful visit!
    Really beautiful photos, too!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, love the soft pastels of the petals... Thanks for sharing on WTS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos! I especially love the sunset! What an awesome adventure you've been on!

    Thanks so much for joining us in the Nurture Photography Challenge! Can’t wait to see what you come up with for our next theme: Red/Treat. Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous shots! I love Ft Stevens as well, but usually you find me running in and out around Battery Russel. Those creepy buildings are awesome to me! Hope you are having a wonderful time in Bend! Someone above mentioned Prineville. My dad lives there and we will be making 2.5 hr trip east sometime later this month ourselves!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.