Sunday, October 20, 2013

Clickin Walk 2013...Finally!

This feels so weird! Blogging, I mean. It has been such a long time, even though it has only been a couple a months. When you go from blogging several times a week to none...I am sure you get the idea. I also haven't been shooting that much :(.

I did however brave the rain and wind to spend the day walking around Seattle with a group of amazing photographers. It was for the annual Clickin Moms' Clickin Walk, which I have gone to 3 years in a row. Here a photo of our group at the beginning of the walk taken by one of our fearless leaders Davina...


It was a challenge to take photos, but the experience was amazing! I got to see people I haven't seen in a year, meet new people and immerse myself in my passion for a day. It is difficult to describe the boost in creative energy one can get from just simply being around people who love the same thing you do and who love it just as much! Here are a few of my photos from the walk...

Settings: ISO 320, 50mm, ss1/3200, f/3.2

Settings: ISO 320, 50mm, ss1/1000, f/2.5

Settings: ISO 320, 100mm, ss1/200, f/3.2

Settings: ISO 320, 100mm, ss1/500, f/3.2

Settings: ISO 320, 100mm, ss1/125, f/2.8

One of the coolest parts of the walk for me was getting to help a fellow photographer I had met first at another photography meet up get a shot she had been hoping to try. As with many photographers, I am not a fan of being in front of the camera. However, I just couldn't pass up the chance to be a cheerleader and model for a photo. I know what it is like to dream about getting a certain shot and I was glad to help make it happen. I also learned about bit about flash because of this photo and a mini-workshop Jennifer put on after the walk. 


How cool is that! I can't wait to see what next year's Clickin Walk brings!

"Life is a canvas of many strokes where shades from different palettes meet into a picture so concrete that some forget it is their own, so become framed themselves." - Vanna Bonta





4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got a creative boost from the walk! It was so great to see you and spend time with you! Love this post. I still have yet to do mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a lot of fun to be on the road with so many photo-loving ladies, Emily!
    The weather could have been a little better for your annual photo tour, but I think that's the weather you are used to have in Seattle every now and then... ;-)
    Regards from sunny Germany,
    Uwe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi, Emily! Há algum tempo não venho aqui, adorei o novo layout, as imagens, tudo parece um brinde para os olhos. Desejo um Feliz Natal e um 2014 surpreendente e sensacional! Um abraço!

    Blog Homeopatia do amor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.