Monday, February 13, 2012

Poetic Winter: Warmth 2.11.12

One of my favorite views in Astoria where my dad lives is at the top of Coxcomb Hill where the Astoria Column sits. I love to go up there and look over the Columbia River, Youngs Bay and the Pacific Ocean. This weekend while visiting my dad to celebrate his birthday I headed up the hill to see the sunset. It was bitterly cold with a slight wind, but I could not help but be filled with warmth at the sight of the sun's rays breaking through the clouds that had filled the sky the entire day. I can't help but be awed by such a sight. I can't help but feel privileged to get to witness and photograph it. I can't help but drink it in.

Settings: ISO 200, 50mm, ss1/100, f/7.1 
(full manual, spot removal and a bit of a creative edit in Lightroom)

Settings: ISO 200, 50mm, ss1/80, f/7.1 
(full manual, spot removal and clean edit in Lightroom)
"Such lovely warmth of thought and delicacy of colour are beyond all praise, and equally beyond all thanks!" - Marie Corelli

Poetic Winter Photography Challengeproject 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com     


4 comments:

  1. Emily, both of these are wonderful, but the first one is truly breathtaking. The light and colors are beyond beautiful.

    Happy Valentine's Day to you, and thank you so much for sharing with us this week at The Creative Exchange.

    Have a great day!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I just love when the sun's rays come shining through the clouds. It warms my soul. :)

    Thanks so much for joining us in the Poetic Winter Photo Challenge. We'll be moving on to our new theme on Friday, Passion. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sunset photos! Sunrays from clouds are very fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.