Monday, December 5, 2011

Good to Wow SOOC: The Holidays Begin in Anacortes 12.04.11

As I mentioned yesterday, I had a great day of shooting on Orcas Island! To get there we had to take a ferry from a town called Anacortes. On the way back home the holiday lights were shining and I was excited to have something to photograph for this week's prompt at the Good to Wow Challenge. The prompt is Holiday - Christmas and believe it or not I have not decorated the house yet. My family tends to wait for a time when we can all be together to do it (one of our traditions), which often comes later in the month of December than I would like. So right now for me the holidays are about watching the lights go up around town and enjoying them that way :o). Below are my two SOOC shots, one of a store front of a cute little shop called "A Little Bit of Everything" and the other of beautiful stained glass in a church window. For the store front I went with a high aperture number to get some starbursts on the lights and for the church shot a slow shutter speed to showcase the softness of the stained glass. I love that these two shots represent different facets of the holiday and seem to call out Merry Christmas!

Settings: ISO 200, 30mm, ss2.0sec, f/14 (full manual, tripod, tungsten wb)

Settings: ISO 200, 32mm, ss1.3sec, f/6.3 (full manual, tripod)
"Perhaps the best Yuletide decoration is being wreathed in smiles." - Author Unknown


Linking up with Good to Wow! Head over and check out the other SOOC shots.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.