Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Project 64: Silver 12.21.11


I love this new aspect to my Christmas this year - capturing the feel of this time of year in photographs. The sparkle, the lights and the joy are my favorite parts of the season. My goal was to convey that through this photo and to showcase the color of the week at Project 64: silver. I set up a string of lights on the wall covered with batting, set ornaments on a mirrored plate and snapped. In processing, I upped the blacks, fill light, clarity, vibrance and saturation and lowered the contrast to give a bit of softness. Finally, I added a tiny white vignette. I think the effect is a bit of magic, and isn't that what Christmas is about :o)?

Settings: ISO 400, 32mm, ss1/6, f/4.5 (full manual, tungsten wb, tripod)
"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer, and more beautiful." - Norman Vincent Peale

Linking up with the link ups below! Take a look at the other amazing photos and enjoy a bit of magic!
project64 button Live, Love, TRAVEL  Live and Love...Out Loud and then, she {snapped}  

4 comments:

  1. Great job! I love the blue and silver colors with the lights behind it! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you took this on a mirrored surface. I've got a box of mirrored tiles on my shopping list to do all sorts of wonderful things with (at least I hope). Gorgeous photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo! I love the soft light and the reflections of the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely beautiful! Great job!

    Thanks for linking up with Wild & Wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.