Thursday, February 28, 2013

Reverse 365: February 2013 Wrap-Up

Another month, another wrap up of my Reverse 365 Project for February 2013. I am still amazed that I am keeping up with and enjoying this process so much. I am looking forward to Month #3. 

Number of photos: 28
Locations: Tolmie State Park near Olympia, WA / Around my house / Semiahmoo, WA / Birch Bay, WA / Lincoln City, OR / Siletz Bay, Lincoln City, OR
Editing Techniques Focus: Gradient Tool in Lightroom and HDR Process in Photoshop
Tutorials Used: HDR Process for Photoshop and Creating a Collage Template in Lightroom 

What I Learned: There will always be people who don't like your work or who don't see your photographs the way that you do. And that is ok! I am beginning to discover through this process that photography is truly an art form. Especially when it comes to the editing process. I know there are people out there who don't believe that but art is expression of vision and that is what I try to do with my photography. Express what I see. I have also learned this month that editing is a valuable part of the process. I love getting it right straight out of camera and I always will, but I am starting to value editing more and more and not see it as a scary thing that might "ruin" what I trying to express. Instead it can and does often enhance and better portray my vision. 



3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous set of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uma história de um mês de vida em um quadro. Lindo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about photography being an art form. I love editing, sometimes heavily, and I used to worry what people would think. Then I decided: I do this for myself, and I enjoy the results, as well as the process. It's always nice to have someone else like what I produce, but that isn't why I do it. ;-) Your floral images are heavenly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.