Thursday, January 24, 2013

Project 52 - Week 4/52

For what seems like forever, actually only the past week or two, fog and freezing temperatures have been a constant where I live. There is something mysterious and beautiful about fog. I don't know if it is the diffused light or the way that it softens everything. This past weekend I drove around near my house and found some beautiful examples of the frost and fog. This is one of my favorites. The frozen pond surrounded by plants and trees and wrapped in fog made for a beautiful yet surreal scene. I could not decide which I liked better, the color or the black and white. What do you think?

Settings: ISO 800, 100mm, ss1/500, f/5.0
 
“The fog was where I wanted to be. Halfway down the path you can’t see this house. You’d never know it was here. Or any of the other places down the avenue. I couldn’t see but a few feet ahead. I didn’t meet a soul. Everything looked and sounded unreal. Nothing was what it is. That’s what I wanted—to be alone with myself in another world where truth is untrue and life can hide from itself. ”  - Eugene O'Neill, Long Day's Journey Into Night

  the long road  Weekly Top Shot     Ni Hao Yall

19 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the depth you get with color, and the texture of the frost in the BW. Both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I have to say I really like the one in color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love BOTH photos! We have a lot of ice going on here today. I am going to have to take a break from blogging to go snap some photos. You've inspired me. :) Found you on the blog hop and glad I did! You're in my google reader now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are amazing! I can't decide which one I like better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, fog is magical! Love your images, moody and beautiful... Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #67!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. The color one is my fave.


    http://itwouldbegoodforthekids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both pictures are amazing! The color one has a warmth that is attracting me, the B & W one has clear shadows and depth - imposiible decision!
    Nina (your new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty pictures. The fog reminds me of growing up in Newfoundland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love shots like this. Simple is best! Have a blessed week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love B&W photography but I think I prefer the colour image, as the gentle tones speak more of fog to me, than the cooler B&W tones. Thank you for reminding me that fog is beautiful!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vote for the b&w, makes the flowers stand out more. But they're both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the color!! Great captures!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful shots ! I like the color one better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have had some fog lately as well, and I also went out to take pictures of it! I am partial to the color picture. I love the subtlety of the brown tones.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Living on the coast of Maine we get more fog than deserved-especially in July, but it does add nice atomosphere to images. Great when combined with frost. I'm a sucker for fog, steam, smoke, sea smoke, etc....anything that makes a scene mysterious. I like both your images, but prefer the mood of the BW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.